Every person with contact lenses in any part of the world had shivers when heard about that girl who didn’t take off her contacts for half a year, and her eyes were destroyed by flesh-eating amoeba.
We don’t know if it’s a true story, but this infection is totally real, but very rare and totally evitable for people following hygienic prescription for lens wearers.
1. Before you reach your lenses with a hand, wash it, and keep eye stuff in a right clean place. Touching lenses with dirty hands can end up with pinkeye infection which can even leave you blind.